Sustainable living is a lifetime commitment. While in the journey, you learn, experiment, explore, and commit to increase the sustainable practices. We will think about everything we buy; from the clothes we shop, the food we eat, the beauty products we use, the household items we use, etc.
Here are some tips to help you live greener and happier.
- If going somewhere close, try to take a bicycle.
- Take stairs over the elevator. Helps you burn that extra calories.
- Use public transport or shared transport options.
- Take your own reusable cloth bag for groceries.
- Buy your produce from the local market.
- Avoid buying plastic wrapped products.
- Stop buying bottled water.
- Use recyclable containers to store products.
- If you pay by card, ask the cashier not to give that extra customer copy slip.
- Carry your own shopping bag.
- Buy second-hand clothes where possible. Through websites like Elanic, OLX, Etashee, Spoyl, etc. you can buy and sell clothes online. Brands like h&m lets you drop used clothes at any of their stores.
- Invest in better quality items that last longer.
- Support fashion brands that are ethical and environmentally conscious.
- Opt to receive digital letters and notices.
- Send electronic wedding invitations.
- Turn off your computer before leaving work.
- Eat more whole foods.
- Plant a tree.
- Borrow books from the library instead of purchasing them.
- Read your newspaper online instead of the paper versions.
- Prepare home cooked meal regularly instead of takeaways. When you do decide to takeaway food, bring your own containers. No it is not weird. When you do it and someone sees it, that may change their mind too.
- Adopt pets instead of breeding them.
- Say no to disposable cutlery.
- Use LED or CFL bulbs.
- Turn off unnecessary lights. Turn off all electronic devices, including your wifi router at night.
- Grow your own herbs, fruits and vegetables. You can have small pots around the house.
- Take smaller showers. Even better, take a bucket bath.
- Use cruelty free products
- Make your own cleansers, face masks and scrubs
- Buy products with limited or reusable packaging.
10/4/2018 10:08 AM